I enjoy experiencing different cultures of families. I love seeing how some people live because it really opens your eyes on how good you really have it. Last summer I flew down to Florida to experience something new. I went on a cruise ship, which I have been on before, but I received the chance to go to Cozumel, Mexico. Cozumel is a great tourist spot because when you’re looking around you find some things that are really eye opening.
The second day on the cruise ship we ported at Cozumel. The thing about Cozumel is that you can’t always trust different foods they have down there. You get provided a list of safe restaurants for the day and the rest is up to you. It was really cool to experience their kind of foods because it wasn’t something you can get around Michigan. I am not a big fan of trying new things, but I can honestly say that the “real” Mexican food is amazing.
Looking around at the people sitting on both sides of the streets trying to sell what they can so they can get a little bit of money is depressing. Fortunately I am able to live an enjoyable life and it was hard seeing the people begging. Of course we came there to shop so it was nice to give help to the people in need. Mexico is where most of our goods come from and seeing where it actually is being made is a great experience. I really enjoyed visiting Cozumel, it was a once in a lifetime experience and I am really happy I was able to go.
http://www.visitmexico.com/wb/Visitmexico/Visi_buscador_combinado?q=cozumel
http://www.visitmexico.com/wb/Visitmexico/Visi_buscador_combinado?q=cozumel
It's great that you were able to travel! I love cruises, but I have never visited Mexico. I think it's great you were able to travel, have fun, and learn, all at the same time.
ReplyDeleteI wouldnt want to live any where else. I love America, because there are so many different oppurtunites. We just have to make the most of what we have. Mexico sounds a little fun though.
ReplyDeleteI really want to start traveling. I learned a lot about different cultures in different areas in my geography class. I am also debating on joining the navy or coast guard for traveling purposes.
ReplyDeleteI love to just people watch when I travel. The differences in everyday things from place to place really is amazing. A few years ago I went to Cancun, Mexico and it was BEAUTIFUL. Just taking in the culture and your surroundings is an experience in itself.
ReplyDeleteI also enjoy observing other cultures and comparing them to our own. Some are very interesting, but some (many) have areas where economically disadvantaged people live, like what you saw in Mexico. I agree that it is hard to watch the people struggle. I am actually going to Cancun this summer, and I have no idea if it is similar to the town that you visited, but I will find out soon enough.
ReplyDeleteI was in the navy so I got expirience alot of different cultures. But I neither would live any where else either. Visiting somewhere new is exciting though.
ReplyDelete