Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Research

A research paper has been assigned to the class and mine will be centered on the career field that I will be going into. I am currently thinking that I will pursue in education. I think this research paper will help me understand more about the field. I enjoy spending time with little children and I thought this would fit me the best. My research question will be about how technology has affected the way teachers can teach the class. I will cover every grade level of education to show how technology can have a different affect on different ages. Technology has improved so much that students do most of the work on computers and sometimes don’t even have to show up to the school in order learn. Schools are currently investing money into computers so that teaching is simpler for students and teachers. Schools have also set up a system for students to learn at home. There are many advantages and disadvantages to this technology taking over for a student’s work and I plan on covering that in my research paper. Technology is very helpful with schools because the use of the internet will make research within the school easier. I think this topic is very important because technology is in our everyday life and narrowing it down with education can show how many advantages and disadvantages there are. I think covering technology is a good way to look at the field in a different view because I feel today’s school depend on technology.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a good topic to do Research on. I want to go into education as well, and I think it's sad that some of it has become impersonal. When I was a child you get a hug from your teacher when you had a bad day, or if you were being bad your teacher or pricipal would nip it in the bud immediately. It's sad the law has gotten so crazy and teachers have to be so very careful and treat it like any normal job. I think the kids are missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the topic of how technology has affected the way teachers can teach the class. With the internet the kids don't really have to work to find information. Every kid seems to have a cell phone and are constantly texting in class. So they're not paying attention.

    ReplyDelete